Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy monthiversary!

Natasha is one month old today!

She's eating (relatively nonstop) and growing and getting more and more alert and curious every day. I, on the other hand, am somewhat less alert so I'm not going to try to string words together into sentences here. Instead I thought I'd post some pictures to try to share what we've been unable to stop staring at.


Natasha has the best expressions! She rolls through them 20 at a time, changing so fast I can hardly get pictures of any of them. Here are a couple I managed to snag.



Natasha spends a little time every day on her tummy to strengthen her neck and arm muscles, and to counteract the fact that she always sleeps on her back.

<-- This is what she thinks of "tummy time."



I'm not sure Natasha realizes we've moved from Oakland.. she looks like she's throwing down here!





A little Natasha interpretive dance. Or she's practicing her "Crane" karate move..



Daddy enjoys reading to Natasha as much as she likes listening to him. Here she's getting a head start on some future hobbies/chores as Dan reads to her from Fine Homebuilding.



While Natasha was in the hospital, I was obsessed with how her eyelashes somehow got longer every single day. I don't know if they're still growing at the same pace, but look at how gorgeous they are!


She really is angelic when she sleeps.. and here she is actually sleeping in her own bed. Usually, no matter how deeply asleep she is, she starts screaming at the top of her lungs the second her back hits her crib. She likes to be held, which is fine because we like to hold her. Which, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to doing.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Can't wait to visit with all 3 of you.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures! Yes, mother-alertness doesn't start to return to normal until at least two or three months after baby is born! And then it is just a beginning of a return. The first month is the roughest ... but you have the comfort of just looking at baby if you can do nothing else. :) Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring