Last year at our wonderful annual Thanksgiving feast, we told our friends that we were pregnant.Or rather, we told our friends we had an announcement and they all started screaming and hugging us. So much for that carefully crafted speech ;)
This year, Natasha enjoyed all the fun of the holiday. She didn't get much of the food, but she did get a little, as I fed her bits of avocado from the tossed salad.
But the best part of Thanksgiving is our family of friends, and Natasha enjoyed the full extent of that, as you can see.
<-- here she is with her fairy godmother, Shannon
And with Mollie (yes, they did call each other to coordinate ensembles before leaving the house)
And Stacey, who lulled Natasha with her calm, soothing voice and got a good workout holding her through the looong nap
And Marci, whose sturdy necklace held up to the best of Natasha's strength
If Natasha looks a little wet here, it's because she is a little damp.. She really enjoys drinking water from a cup, although I'd still characterize that as fairly recreational since not much gets drunk. Plenty spills all over the place though, which is why after letting her have a few sips, I put the water cup out of reach and deftly switched it out for an empty cup, which Natasha happily played with. Until she deftly swapped them back without my noticing and soaked me all the way down to my toes! She got off with a damp neckline and a fresh pair of socks. I guess I should keep a spare pair of socks in the diaper bag for me too..
This is Cory and the bright-eyed baby. Cory and Natasha go way back..
Brian and Natasha exchanged hair tips at the beginning of the night, and then he traded a warm shoulder for vicarious memories of his grown son. A good deal from both sides, as you can see
Dan and I didn't get to hold Natasha much, but all in all it was a fabulous day

No comments:
Post a Comment