Wednesday, January 27, 2010

srsly, the cuteness..

It's been awhile, but Natasha had a doctor's appointment this morning. It's funny how much more entertaining that has gotten. I wish I had video, but I could've used a couple extra hands as it was, so I certainly didn't have any free hands to videotape! The girl is in constant motion.

From the second she touched the exam table she was all over the place. Crawling from side to side, tearing up the paper, trying to stand up.. I was trying to undress her while the nurse was asking me questions, and we both were laughing at the whirlwind that was Natasha!

As I went to lay her down on the scale, the nurse pointed out that it might be easier to let her sit in there (an option that hadn't occurred to me). Not only did that work MUCH better than legs dangling over the edge, but the cute factor skyrocketed, as you can see.

She's 18lbs 2ozs and 28 3/4" tall. That length was a challenging figure to determine on the destroyed paper.. the nurse pulled out a new length of paper to do the measurement, and before she could get one line drawn, Natasha had flipped her lower half over into a crawling posture! I just take that number with a grain of salt, and figure we'll get a more accurate number when Natasha can stand at the typical height ruler.

When the doctor came in she started asking questions about Natasha's development: what she was eating, whether she was waving, forming words, etc. Yesses to all, and most of her questions she didn't even have to ask, because Natasha was doing all of it at the time! In fact, mid-sentence while doc was telling me how on track Natasha is, she stopped, looked at the chart, and said "oh!" I forgot she was a preemie! She's WAY ahead!
The only milestone she's lagging on is teeth, which selfishly as a nursing mom, I'm ok with ;)

To top it off, as we were leaving the office, Natasha flashed cutie-pie smiles at all the nurses who just melted at the sight. I'd say she was working the room!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you will have to watch her with the guys when she gets older and has the cutie-pie smile down pat.
    Way to go Natasha!

    ReplyDelete

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring