I know I'm slacking with the posts.. but even with sleep cut down to the bare minimum humanly possible, there just are not enough hours in the day to both play with Natasha and write about playing with Natasha. Sorry, but guess which one I choose? ;)
Natasha has been fascinated by stairs for a couple weeks now.. she spends a couple days a week at a house with nice, carpeted stairs, so she's been getting some practice. This weekend, we finally let her go to town on ours. I was so engrossed in watching her go up AND down them, I almost forgot to videotape!
I've never seen such a careful kid.. like, she crawls over to the edge of the bed and turns around and starts to inch her legs down. She doesn't ever get to that point unless she's got hands holding on, but she sorta seems like if we'd just let her she could manage. Same with the stairs. You can see that up is no problem, but down is really good too!
And here she is well on her way to strolling down the street. Literally!
I came home from work one day last week and Dan and Natasha were walking up and down the street with Natasha pushing her little train. Inside, since our living room isn't all that big there's a lot of resetting of the train so she can keep going. Sometimes, she STANDS while we turn the train around! Half the time she realizes she's standing and plops down on the floor, but the other half she grabs on and heads on her way across the room.
She won't hold our hands and walk, but she will push anything that's more than a few inches tall around the room. We've been saying she'd walk by her birthday, but time's running out!

Great videos! Way to go, Natasha.
ReplyDeleteI never comprehended how fast gravity works until we had Ben. Soon you guys will be finding out for yourselves!
We'll have to get her to teach Virginia the down part! Virginia has absolutely no fear of anything and would fling her body head first off our bed/couch/etc. This makes the stairs terrifying... sometimes she gets most of the way up and changes her fickle little mind and threatens to take the plunge straight down. Thank goodness for baby gates.
ReplyDeleteYep, she digs the stairs. She did several laps up our front stairs last time she was over here hanging with us. She does learn fast!
ReplyDelete