Saturday, September 4, 2010

bedtime

It's been so cool witnessing the progression of Natasha's communication skills. From the early days of sticking out her tongue to mimic us to the complete sentences (!!) she comes up with now. (They're short, but they're complete!). And her communication during our bedtime routine has been particularly fun.

<--This picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post.. but look how cute!!

During that last nursing session we sometimes play a little mimicking game that she invented! I have been known to let out a long sigh while holding and watching her, and sometimes she stops eating and does a big, exaggerated exhale. if I mimic her, we can go back and forth several times until we both start giggling. Before she started talking it was the most awesome thing to have this little "conversation" with her. And even still, I LOVE witnessing her sense of humor and, of course, any opportunity to hear that giggle.

And now, when I ask her if she wants to me to sing a song she nods her head. And if I don't ask her and don't sing, she stops eating to say "song!"

Naturally, I oblige.

2 comments:

  1. How cute. But now that she's into mimicking, you will need to be careful what you do or say. Can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring