Sunday, October 4, 2009

fun, food and fallout

This week we had a nice visit from Auntie Sue, heading home from her summer adventure. I don't know if we would have had a chance to see her if it wasn't for the little 'un, but it turns out ~500 miles is not too far to drive to meet Natasha.

Aunt Sue brought a cute gift for Natasha, but of course, all she wanted to play with was the wrapping paper!

They were instant pals. Natasha ate great for Aunt Sue and then went right to sleep when she put her in her crib! AND she slept halfway through the night! If we can just get her to eat like that every night, maybe there'll be a full night sleep sometime this year..

The rest of the week pretty much revolved around food. Up first: bananas and rice cereal!

Natasha really likes this, but wouldn't eat it when I fed it to her. I'm not too proud to bring out the big guns, and she had no problem chowing down when daddy fed it to her.

Of course, there may have been a trust issue.. she must've known I was planning for the next food up: zucchini!

<-- She looks suspicious of the green feast already. I even put her in her little shamrock hoodie to help set the mood.

Ok, so she wasn't wild about it at first.. but in fairness, this is the same face she made the first time she tasted bananas. She pretty much makes this face the first time she tastes anything! Then she opens her mouth and waves her hands for more.
Not so much with the zucchini.

She didn't mind it mixed in with the sweet potatoes.. but I'm not sure she's going to have to worry about me sneaking it in there..

.. we've been introducing new foods no more than one every few days. That way, if she has a reaction we'll know what the new food was that may have caused it.

<--Today Natasha's face was full of little pimply bumps, that were everywhere the food gets while she's eating. (when she gets her hands in her full mouth then rubs her face/eyes, it gets everywhere!)

I'm not sure if this is an allergic reaction, because she doesn't seem to be having any problems on her other end.. of course, I'm not sure how much food she's actually been swallowing.. She had a little bit of a stuffy nose this morning, but that's cleared up and she doesn't seem to be feeling bad at all.

I wish my doctor had an email address that I could send this to.. anyone have any thoughts on what else this could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring