Sunday, October 11, 2009

happy pumpkin

I think Natasha is warming up to this Halloween stuff!

She's also practicing a little with her sippy cup. She doesn't like it as much as she likes drinking out of my glass (which is *adorable,* and I'll get some video of that up directly..), but she does enjoy it and even seems to get a small amount of water out of it sometimes.

And she needs some water because she's doing so well with her food that ALL her calories aren't coming from milk anymore (something like 90% them still are, but she's definitely getting some nutrition out of the food.. judging by the sludge that's left in her diaper)

We're still not sure if Natasha's reaction was to zucchini or banana, so we've cut both out for now and she hasn't had any problems. She'd had banana for a few days without any issue, but the rash came back after we cut out the zucchini so I'm just going to have her wait awhile for both. She's got PLENTY of other things to taste.

Avocado, for example. Which, like any good Neumansky, she loves!

And green beans. Which she also really likes.

And sweet potatoes, which are a staple for her now, along with her rice cereal. Next up we've got some carrots and oat cereal for her to try. Oh, and we'll definitely have to give her some pumpkin this month :D

This weekend was getting Halloween decorations up, and Natasha directed. Aside from telling us where to put what, she's very good advertising for all the neighbors to come by.

One neighbor we (clearly) hadn't seen in awhile walked by today and was shocked to see we had a baby. A six month old, at that! Like many of the other neighbors, she had no idea we were expecting. We told some people.. I just thought it would get obvious at some point.

(I'm sorry to post such a blurry picture, but she is so cute all bundled inside my sweatshirt like that I just had to share)

There were a few very cute moments before this shot, with Natasha and I hanging out in our robes in the morning, but the ones from before the sun came up were too dark. That should tell you a little something about our Sunday morning sleeping in habits.

Lack of sleep aside, it is nice to have that quiet time when we can just hang out and play. There are no other responsibilities at dawn on a weekend

1 comment:

  1. Good grief! Why aren't these comment sections just flooding over with comments about how cute Natasha is!

    -Joel

    ReplyDelete

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring