Friday, April 17, 2009

Growing cuter every day

At the risk of sounding repetitive, Natasha is doing very well. She gained a little more weight yesterday, and is holding above her birth weight at 4lbs 12.6 ozs. And her bilirubin went down to 6! Even her doctor squealed happily when she heard that (A doctor that squeals with true joy when one of her patients is doing well is a doctor that you really want looking after your daughter.. even if she did think Dan's name was Inigo Montoya)

And the little stump of Natasha's umbilical cord fell off, so she has a cute little belly button now!


We had a good day of nursing and changing dirty diapers and sleeping. Some moments I felt like I was getting the hang of it (the diapers I put on look just like the diapers the nurses put on!), and other moments I was all thumbs (It's a little unnerving how long it takes the nurse to show up sometimes when the little sensor that measures Natasha's heart rate is stuck to her shirt..).

Mostly it's just nice to sit and hold her without a time limit and look at things like how cute her tiny little hands are.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I cannot get over how cute she is!!!!!
    Can't wait to dress her up with little fairy wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful, Irene. I hope you and Dan are holding up. I'm so happy she's doing so well. Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring