Monday, April 13, 2009

She's doing better than me..

Another good day for Natasha! She's out of her isolette!!

Her bilirubin level was up to 9.9 this morning, but the doctor thinks that's still good so she's still off the light.

She lost an ounce of weight - she's at 4lbs 8.5 ozs - but that's not a problem either. As long as it doesn't keep going down, which isn't likely given how much milk she's been getting and that she's digesting pretty much all of it (nice poopy diapers!)

And she's maintaining her temperature well enough that the isolette wasn't really doing anything anymore, so look at her sleeping in her new little bed.

I, on the other hand, have managed to get a cold, so I couldn't go see her today. Dan got all the holding to himself while I downed glass after glass of juice to try to get better. It's just a stupid little cold, but it could be very dangerous for Natasha and the other babies in the NICU so as much as it's killing me to stay away, it could literally be life or death if I went in.

The nurse said it wouldn't set us back much to wait a few days on the breastfeeding and that I could come in as soon as I was no longer congested. So I'm going back to sleep now and try to dream healthy thoughts

1 comment:

  1. Oh, come on, that's not fair! Do you want some of my chicken soup? Hope you're also drinking hot tea with honey & lemon. Here's some more healthy thoughts coming your way --- hope you get better soon Irene...

    ReplyDelete

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates | Sponsored by Application Monitoring